Veja Venturi Ripstop Women's Shoes
The Venturi model is made from a combination of ecological and sustainable materials.
- Upper material from Sweden (100% recycled polyester)
- Suede inserts, V-Knit & TPU details
- Gum & Rice Waste (22%) Side V Logo
- Sugar cane midsole (54%)
- Outsole made of Amazonas rubber (24%)
and rice waste (29%)
- Sugar cane (52%) and recycled polyester (23%) insole
- Latex insert made of L-foam (30% natural latex from Brazil)
- Tech lining (100% recycled polyester)
- Tricolor laces (100% recycled polyester) or plain laces (100% organic cotton)
- Back buckle made from 100% recycled plastic bottles
Suede is the back of a leather that is sanded to give it a soft and supple appearance. It comes from farms in Rio Grande do Sul. It is tanned in Brazil according to REACH norms. Water is used sparingly during the tanning process. This suede is then coated with two water-repellent oils to protect the sneakers from light rain. The tanneries that work with VEJA are certified by the Leather Working Group. Made in Brazil.
TPU (Thermo Plastic Polyurethane) is a film that is thermally bonded to the sneaker. It offers additional reinforcement without seams and is very light.
L-Foam is the technology developed for VEJA running shoes. This padding made of 30% natural latex and 70% synthetic latex offers comfort and protection against vibrations (30% natural latex, 70% synthetic latex). Made in Brazil.
V-Knit is a knitting technique that provides elasticity and conformability
flexibility on the foot. It is knit in one piece to reduce material overlap and seams. It forms a light and comfortable sneaker in which the foot breathes and at the same time is well supported. This technique eliminates trimming and scraps of fabric, reducing material waste (100% recycled polyester). Made in Brazil.